Goldie Pro and Team subscribers can set up payment processing accounts that let them easily accept deposits, payments, and tips from their clients. This guide will show you how to set up your payment account with Goldie and how to begin collecting payments to build your business.
Depending on where your business is located (US/UK/Canada vs. any other nation), you may have a slightly different interface. This guide will note when experiences may differ by geography.
1. Creating your Goldie payments account.
Take the following steps to create your payment processing account via Goldie. The Payments feature will only be available to accounts with a Goldie Pro or Team subscription.
- Go to Menu (☰) > Payments
- Tap “Set up payment processing.”
- Provide the requested information about your business: address, contact information, bank accounts, etc.
- Once you’ve entered all the information required by Stripe, tap “Submit” to continue (you’ll then be redirected back to the Payments menu in Goldie)
- As a final step to verify you’re Stripe account, you may need to upload documents to confirm your identity. To do so, navigate to Menu (☰) > Payments in Goldie and then tap “Upload.”
2. Set your deposit amount(s)
Once you’ve established your payments account, Goldie defaults to requiring a 25% deposit when your clients book their appointments via your online site. You can easily modify the amount required as a deposit – or change your policy to not require a deposit – by taking the following steps:
- Open Goldie (and ensure you're logged into your account)
- Go to Menu (☰) > Settings > Payments > Deposit
- Choose your desired deposit policy by tapping one of the following options:
- Require clients to pay a [$--] deposit at the time of booking. -- You will be able to set any currency amount
- Require clients to pay a [—%] deposit at the time of booking. -- You will be able to select the percentage, ranging from 5% to 100% (in 5% increments)
- Don’t require clients to pay a deposit.
We recommend requiring deposits as a way to protect your time and reduce the frequency of no-shows. You can also set deposit amounts by
Note: Deposit policies will only be applied to future client appointments/bookings; existing appointments for which deposits were already made will not be affected.
3. Establishing your terms and conditions
It’s important to have a clear set of terms and conditions for your clients to view when booking an appointment with you to ensure that they understand your business’s policies. Goldie makes setting these terms simple – just take the following steps:
- Go to Menu (☰) > Settings > Payments
- Tap on “Policy and terms.”
- Enter the specific terms you’d like to make customers aware of when booking an appointment with you, and then tap “Save” (in the top right corner).
You can update these terms whenever you’d like. Whatever terms you enter will be displayed to all customers in the online booking process.
4. Collecting Payments
Goldie empowers you to take three types of payments: deposits, remaining balances, and tips. Once you’ve set up payments, it’s easy to take all three.
- Deposits: To set up your Goldie accounts so that customers must pay a deposit when they book an appointment, check out our article on setting a deposit amount.
- Remaining balances and Tips: To take payment for any remaining balance (and a potential tip) for an appointment, follow these steps in Goldie:
Select the appointment for which you want to collect payment. Tap “Take Payment” next to the remaining balance shown beneath the Service Total.
Note: the amount for which you’ll be requesting payment is shown and will equal the remaining balance for the appointment. It does not include tips.
Select the method you’d like to use to collect payment:
- Payment link
- Tap to pay (available in US, CA, GB, NZ, SG)
- Card on file
Once you have sent a payment link to a customer, the “Take Payment” button will be replaced with a note confirming “Message sent”. Once the customer has paid, you will see a transaction record under the “Service Total” on the Appointment details page.
5. Transferring money to your bank account
When you set up your Goldie payments account, you'll connect a bank account to which the funds you earn through Goldie will be deposited.
For users in the US, UK, and Canada, funds will be deposited at the end of every business day (so long as you have at least 50 USD/GBP/CAD in your account that day, respectively).
For users in all other nations, you can schedule funds to be transferred to your account at any time via your Stripe account.
6. Issuing clients' refunds
Goldie makes it easy to offer refunds to clients for their payments. You can do so by taking the following steps:
- From the calendar view, tap on the appointment for which you’d like to make a refund
- Tap the “Refund” button next to whichever payment(s) you’ve received that you’d like to refund (a deposit, total amount, etc.). On the “Appointment details” page, all payments taken from the customer will be listed under the Service Total.
- Because refunds cannot be undone or canceled once requested, you’ll be prompted to confirm the refund issuance. Tap “Continue” to confirm
- Finally, select the refund method you’d like to use: Card or Cash.
To issue a refund to the client’s card, you must have already taken a card payment from the client using Goldie.
Note: Refunds to cards typically take 5-10 business days to process, so it can be helpful to communicate that customers may need to wait to see the refund come through.
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Return to the Help Center homepage to search for additional articles or reach out to us - we’re always here to help.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article